Editorial board of “Electronic Engineering. Series 2. Semiconductor Devices” Journal guarantees to follow the publication ethics and to adhere to the following international standards:
• Provisions adopted at the 2nd World Conference on Research Integrity Compliance (Singapore, 22-24 July, 2010):
• Provisions developed by the Committee on Publication Ethics – COPE
• Rules of Chapter 70 “Literary property” of the Civil Code of the Russian Federation
1. SCIENTIFIC PAPER PUBLICATION ETHICS
1. Editorial board policy is based on the respect of the individual rights of the author and rights on intellectual property.
2. Editorial board guarantees the independent and integrity in the evaluation of all articles sent for publication, without any prejudice towards their authors based on nation or religion, official rank, commercial interests and relationships with the Publisher of the journal.
3. Journal editorial board is carrying out the work of securing and improving the quality of published articles, satisfaction of readers and authors needs, increasing the scientific input to the development of domestic and foreign solid-state electronic science.
4. Publishing principles include: relevance, importance , clarity, credibility, the validity of published research and scientific materials.
5. As the main indicators of the high quality of published research and scientific materials has been chosen the following: thoroughness , integrity, uniqueness , completeness of the materials provided, balance , originality, transparency.
6. Journal editorial board is carrying out the task to invite and include in editorial board the highly qualified specialists, who actively contribute to the journal development.
7. Editorial board is always improving the processes of licensing, editing and evaluation of publications by the experts.
8. Editorial Board shall decide on the acceptance or rejection of an article for publication on the basis of all the comments of independent reviewers in general. The final editorial decision and the reasons for its adoption is reported to the authors.
2. SCIENTIFIC PAPER AUTHORSHIP ETHICS
1. Authors submit to the journal article for publication, prepared in strict accordance with the requirements of article typography.
2. Authors guarantee that the submitted article contains the results of original research, which have never been published and is not under consideration in the wording of the other journals.
3. Authors must quote the work of the third partied, used in their article in a correct and precise manner by naming the original source in the article bibliography. It is forbidden to use literal reproduction and rewording of other authors works. They should be used only as a basis for a new works.
4. Authors have no right to copy the links on articles in other publications, with which they are not acquainted; quotes and links to other articles should be precise and made in accordance with the established rules.
5. Author, representing the manuscript to editorial board ensures that the list of sponsors includes only those individuals who have made significant contributions to the work, and that the researchers deserving authorship are not excluded from the list of authors.
6. Author, submitting the work to the editorial board, guarantees that the co-authors that are mentioned have saw and approved the final draft of the paperwork and agree with its submission to the journal editorial board for publication.
7. Authors should cooperate with the editors in order to correct mistakes in a timely manner, in case such mistakes are found in any paperwork submitted for publication, accepted for publication of already published.
8. Authors should follow the terms of Copyright Law; copyrighted materials (e.g. tables, numbers or major quotes) could be mentioned only with the permission of their respective owners.
3. SCIENTIFIC PAPER PEER REVIEW ETHICS
1. Editorial board publishes information materials for authors (the list of the necessary requirements for the articles) in the journal and on the web-site.
2. Journal editorial board making a decision regarding acceptance and rejection of publications based on a results of paperwork evaluation on accordance with design requirements and results of reviews. Final decision on article publication or the rejection is made by the Chief Editor of a journal.
3. Editorial Board ensures the confidentiality, i.e. undertakes not to disclose the submitted manuscript to anyone other than the respective authors, reviewers, other editorial advisers and, where appropriate, of the publisher.
4. Editorial board complies to evaluate all claims regarding submitted paperwork of published articles in a timely manner and if any conflict occurs, make all means necessary to restore the violated Rights.
5. In order to provide authenticity to the published materials, with the detection of mistakes and errors in articles, necessary corrections can be made. Online version of the material is corrected with the mention of date of correction and the link on the list of errors.
4. SCIENTIFIC PAPER EDITORIAL ETHICS
1. Journal editorial board claims to have confidential, independent, honest and objective review of articles.
2. Editorial Board has the right to reject a manuscript without an independent review, if it is found to be of poor quality or does not meet the requirements of the journal. This decision is made fairly and impartially.
3. Journal editorial board is choosing the reviewers who are independent in regard to reviewing materials, have sufficient experience and no conflict of interests.
4. Expert evaluation of the manuscript provided by the reviewer, promotes the adoption of editorial decisions, and also helps the author improve the manuscript. On the basis of reviewing results the editorial board makes a decision on the adoption of the manuscript for publication, return it to the author for revision or rejection of the publication.
5. The reviewer undertakes to make an expert evaluation of the paperwork in an objective manner. Personal criticism towards author is not tolerated. All conclusions made by the reviewer should be strictly reasoned and provided with links to related sources.
6. Reviewers should mention works (if any) that contribute to the results of research, but was not mentioned by the author. Reviewer must notify the editorial board about any cases of significant similarity or identity between the reviewed paperwork and previously published article, which are known to the reviewer.
7. Reviewers have no right to use unpublished manuscript materials in their own research without the express written consent of the author.
8. If the reviewer raises the issue of the accuracy of the data or the advisability of publication of scientific work, the author is given the opportunity to respond to the questions.
9. Independent reviewers are informed about the requirements applied to them, and also about all changes in the editorial policy.
10. Editorial board preserves the confidentiality of personal data of reviewers.